* Western Kentucky RB Bobby Rainey had 32-206 with 3 TDs against La-Lafayette on Saturday.
* Washington RB Chris Polk, only a Junior, had a big game vs Stanford. He was 15-144 with a pair of TDs. Both were long runs, the longest being 61 yards.
* Stanford LB Chase Thomas had 6 total tackles, including 2.5 TFLs. Safety Michael Thomas was in on 7 tackles and returned an INT for a TD.
* RB David Wilson was 17-134 for Va Tech. The Junior has a chance to be a 1st round pick if he comes out this year.
* MLB Luke Kuechly continued his crazy year. He was in on 19 tackles for Boston College.
* Utah State LB Bobby Wagner was in on 20 tackles and had 2 sacks.
* LB Adrien Cole had a big game for La Tech. He was in on 14 tackles, had 2 TFLs, and broke up a pass.
* Tulsa LB Curnelius Arnick is a player flying under the radar this year. Against Rice, Arnick had 10 solo tackles, a sack, and an INT. In case that wasn’t enough, he broke up 2 other passes.
* Miami of Ohio LB Jerrell Wedge was in on 15 tackles and had a TFL last week.
* Toledo 6th year Senior CB Desmond Marrow had 5 solo stops, a PBU, and 2 INTs against Miami. Good size. Goes 6’3, 210.
* RB Cyrus Gray had a good game for Texas A&M vs Iowa State. He was 21-125 on the ground. He also caught 3 passes for 35 yards. Junior RB Christine Michael was even better, going 18-142-1.
* Iowa State CB Leonard Johnson had 9 solo tackles, a TFL, and PBU vs Texas A&M.
* Bama LB Dont’a Hightower was in on 8 tackles vs Tennessee. He also had a sack and picked a pass, then ran it back 29 yards. Fellow LB Courtney Upshaw was in on 6 tackles, had a sack, and had a FF.
* Notre Dame SS Harrison Smith was in on 14 tackles and broke up a pass against USC.
* Purdue CB Ricardo Allen had 10 tackles and an INT in the upset win over Illinois.
* LB Josh Kaddu had 10 tackles and 2 sacks in Oregon’s demolition of Colorado.
* Lance Dunbar was a busy man last week. The North Texas RB was 29-139-1 on the ground and caught 4 passes for 50 yards.
* Clemson DE Kourtnei Brown, only a backup, made some huge plays vs UNC. He picked of a pass and ran it back for a TD. He later scooped up a fumble and ran it in for a score. Not bad.
* East Carolina QB Dominique Davis had a sensational game vs Navy. He was 40-45-372 with a pair of TDs and no picks. Davis was 26 of 26 at halftime.
* Against Marshall, Houston QB Case Keenum was 24 of 28 and threw for 6 TDs. ILB Marcus McGraw was in on 17 tackles and had 1.5 TFLs. LB Sammy Brown had 2 sacks.
* Iowa WR Marvin McNutt had a monster game vs Indiana. He was 6-184 with 3 TDs and a long gain of 80 yards.