* Bama star RB Trent Richardson had a huge day vs Ole Miss, going 17-183-4. One of those carries covered 76 yards. LB Courtney Upshaw had a pair of sacks in the game.
* Arizona State Senior WR Gerell Robinson had 6 catches for 120 yards and a score in the Sun Devils shootout loss to Oregon.
* Texas A&M QB Ryan Tannehill posted some huge numbers. He was 25-37-416 with 6 TDs last Saturday.
* Boise State QB Kellen Moore was even more efficient than that: 26-30-338, with 4 TDs. RB Doug Martin had 20 carries for 200 yards and 3 scores.
* Temple RB Bernard Pierce was 23-152-2 against Buffalo.
* Eastern Michigan DB Willie Williams had a big day in their game vs CMU. He was in on 13 tackles, broke up 3 passes, and had 1.5 TFLs. Busy day.
* RB Isaiah Pead put up big numbers in Cincy’s win over Louisville. He was 20-151-1. Long run was 50 yards.
* Louisivlle DB Mike Evans picked off a pass and ran it back 63 yards for a TD. He was in on 6 tackles and had 1.5 TFLs. The INT came with him playing in the slot.
* FAU Safety Marcus Bartels had 11 total tackles, half a TFL, and broke up 2 passes in the loss to WKU.
* In a battle of good CBs, Georgia’s Brandon Boykin had 5 tackles, a TFL, an INT, and a PD. Vandy’s Casey Hayward had an INT, half a TFL, and was in on 7 tackles.
* Ohio State Junior DE John Simon had 4 TFL vs Illinois. 2 of them were sacks.
* Montee Ball made the most of his touches as Wisconsin blew up Indiana. The Junior RB had 14 carries for 142 yards and 3 TDs. He only caught 1 pass, but it was for 46 yards. He also threw a pass…a 25-yard TD to QB Russell Wilson. Heck of a game for Ball.
* OU wideout Ryan Broyles was 13-217-2. Yawn. He’s done this so much it’s not even a big deal anymore. Crazy.
* Kansas LB Steven Johnson was in on 13 tackles, picked off a pass, had a TFL, and broke up a pass.
* DE Vinny Curry had a dominant day against Rice. The Marshall star had 3.5 sacks and a FF. Real good pass rusher.
* Texas RB Fozzy Whittaker had a big game as a KOR. He had 6 returns for 252 yards. He ran one of them back for a TD. That’s 2 games in a row with a KOR-TD.
* Penn State LB Nathan Stupar had 2 INTs and a PD vs Purdue. He could be a Nickel LB in the NFL with his ability to play the passing lanes.
* Pitt’s Greg Williams had a good game vs Utah. Williams had 4 TFL and a PD.
* Utah’s Derrick Shelby had a great game. He had 6 solo tackles, 2.5 TFLs (1.5 sacks), 2 PDs, and he picked off a pass and ran it back for a TD. Terrific game for the Senior DE.
* Stanford Safety Michael Thomas made some plays vs Wash State. He had 4 solo stops, 2 TFLs (1 sack), broke up a pass, and returned a fumble 33 yards.