Here are the big numbers put up last week by Seniors and top Juniors.
* I think LaMichael James is getting back his A-game. Against Arizona he was 23-288 with 2 TDs. That’s 12.5 ypc. His long run was 47 yards so it isn’t like he had a bunch of super long gains to blow that number up. He also had 3 PRs for a total of 60 yards.
* Robert Griffin (RG3) had another spectacular game last year. He was only facing the Rice defense, but RG was 29-33-338 with 5 TDs and no picks. He also ran 6 times for 51 yards. WR Kendall Wright caught 11 passes and had a TD.
* Tulsa LB Curnelius Arnick had 18 tackles (12 solo) in the loss to Boise State. 2 of the tackles were TFLs. Arnick is a highly productive Senior LB.
* This has nothing to do with a draft prospect, but made me chuckle. UConn RB Lyle McCombs (young guy) ran 30 times for just 61 yards against Buffalo. I can’t recall a guy getting 30 carries and having that few yards. Ever. Pretty wild.
* Cal LB Mychal Kendricks had 15 tackles (9 solo) and 1/2 a sack against Washington.
* Utah State star LB Bobby Wagner was in on 18 tackles (8 solo) vs Colorado State. He also had 1/2 a TFL.
* Duke Safety Matt Daniels was in on 8 tackles (3 solo) and broke up 3 passes as the Blue Devils really put the clamps on the Tulane offense. Final score shows 27 points for the Green Wave, but 7 came on an INT-TD and 14 came in the 4th Qtr against backups.
* Florida speedsters Chris Rainey and Jeff Demps went off on Kentucky. Rainey was 15-105 as a runner. Demps was 10-157 with 2 TDs. His long run was 84 yards and he just exploded on that play.
* Kentucky’s star LB Danny Trevathan did what he could in the game. He had 8 tackles (4 solo), a sack, 1/2 a TFL, a PD, and a FF. Very active player. Needed more help.
* Georiga TE Orson Charles had 1 game in his first couple of seasons with 5 or more catches. He was 5-59 with a TD against Ole Miss, giving him 2 games with 5 or more grabs already this year. Gifted player. S Bacarri Rambo had 4 solo stops and 2 INTs for the Dawgs in that game.
* WR Jordan White is a 6th year Senior for Western Michigan. He’s 3rd in the nation in catches and yards per game. Against Illinois he was 14-132 with a TD.
* Miami LB Sean Spence had his best game of the year against Kansas State. He was in on 14 total tackles, had 2.5 TFLs, and a FF. One of the TFLs was a sack.
* Junior WR Tavon Austin (5’9, 176) had a big game when LSU came to West Virginia on Saturday night. He caught 11 passes for 187 yards. He wasn’t able to score, but kept the chains moving on a regular basis.
* Marshall Safety Omar Brown filled up the stat sheet against Va Tech. He was in on 17 tackles (7 solo). He added a TFL, FF, and pass breakup.
* Ryan Broyles is an incredibly productive WR. The OU star was 13-154-3 vs Mizzou. Can’t wait to see his workout numbers. He doesn’t show top speed. Production and pro potential are two very different things.
* SJSU runner Brandon Rutley was 33-209-2 vs New Mexico State. He also caught a pair of passes.
* Notre Dame ILB Manti Te’o had 10 tackles (8 solo) and a sack in the Irish’s win over Pitt.
* Mohamed Sanu, the big Junior wideout from Rutgers, had a big game vs Ohio. He caught 16 passes for 176 yards and a pair of TDs.
* Oregon State WR James Rodgers is working his way back into action. Against UCLA he was 5-76. Nothing special, but the guy came back from a bad knee injury so to see him on the field being productive is great.
* South Carolina DL Melvin Ingram continues his wild year. He recovered a fumble for another TD. He also had 3 TFLs (1 sack) and broke up a pass in the game. He’s having a wild year.
* Vandy’s standout CB Casey Hayward had 2 INTs, a PD, and 3 tackles in the game.