I’m way late this week, so here’s a short version. Best numbers put up by Senior and top Juniors from last week’s games.
* Virginia Tech CB Jayron Hosley had been off to a quiet start this year, but woke up last week. He picked off 2 passes and had 6 solo tackles. He also broke up 2 other passes.
* Kellen Moore put up great numbers for Boise. He was 32-42-455. He had 5 TDs and 1 INT. Moore is having a great Senior year. RB Doug Martin had 5 catches in the game for 122 yards. One of them was a 71-yard screen pass. Martin is very good on screens and will appeal to NFL offenses that like that play.
* Utah Junior RB John White had a monster day vs BYU. He went 22-174, with 3 TDs. White is 9th in the nation in rushing.
* Oklahoma LB Travis Lewis returned to action last week and played well. Didn’t look rusty at all. He had 8 total tackles, a TFL, and a PD.
* Houston LB Sammy Brown had 14 tackles (11 solo) and 4 TFLs in the win over La Tech. Teammate Marcus McGraw added 16 total tackles of his own.
* Maryland LB Kenny Tate had 10 total tackles, TFL, and a FF in the loss to West Va.
* Michigan State wideout B.J. Cunningham continued his big Senior year. He was 12-158 vs Notre Dame. He’s now got 26 catches on the year. He’s only got 1 TD so that is an issue.
* Notre Dame Safety Harrison Smith had 8 total tackles (4 solo) and 5 pass break-ups. That is a really impressive total for him.
* Washington RB Chris Polk is only a Junior, but might consider coming out. He had a big game vs Nebraska, 22-130. He ran for 1 TD and also caught a couple of passes. Not a great athlete, but a tough, physical runner.
* North Carolina LB Zack Brown had 12 tackles and a FF in the win over UVA.
* Southern Cal QB Matt Barkley was great vs Syracuse. He went 26-39-324 with 5 TDs and no picks.