by Tommy Lawlor - http://www.ScoutsNotebook.com
* Jeremiah Masoli has had a solid, but unspectacular season for Ole Miss in 2010. He had his best game last week. Masoli was 21-36-327 as a passer with 3 TDs. He also ran for 98 yards. Masoli has reportedly been a good leader for the Rebels as well.
* Florida Atlantic TE Rob Housler made some big plays for the Owls last week. He had 2 catches for 63 yards and a TD. He also had 29 yards rushing. That’s 3 touches that all went for 24 or more yards.
* DT Bryan Hall has had a good year for Arkansas State. He added a pair of sacks against FAU.
* Baylor DB Byron Landor had 14 solo tackles in the win over Kansas State.
* Armon Binns is one of the best Senior receivers in the nation. He had a big game in Cincy’s loss to South Florida. Binns had 12 catches for 158 yards and 2 TDs.
* Clemson’s star players had another strong weekend. DE Da’Quan Bowers had another 2.5 TFLs to maintain his spot as the national leader in that category. FS DeAndre McDaniel had an INT, giving him 3 on the year and 14 in his career.
* Syracuse LB Doug Hogue had a great game in the upset of West Va. He was in on 10 tackles. He had 1.5 TFLs and picked off 2 passes. He broke up another one.
* UConn LB Lawrence Wilson has been playing good football in recent weeks. Against Louisville was in on 16 tackles and had a pair of TFLs.
* LB Justin Houston will interest 3-4 teams looking for an edge rusher. He’s having a good season in UGA’s 3-4 scheme. Houston has 8.5 sacks on the year. He had a couple of them vs Kentucky. He also deflected a pass and had a FF.
* Oklahoma Safety Quinton Carter had 14 total tackles and a PBU in the loss to Mizzou. DE Jeremy Beal had 4 TFLs and deflected a couple of passes.
* Niles Paul bounced back from a bad showing vs Texas. The Nebraska WR had 9 catches for 131 yards against Oklahoma State. TE/WR Mike McNeill added 5 catches for 61 yards. DB Eric Hagg had 7 solo stops and an INT.
* OSU receiver Justin Blackmon had another monster game. He’s only a Junior, but is having a crazy year. Blackmon had 5 catches for 157 yards and 2 TDs. Those are good numbers vs anyone, but great vs Nebraska. Blackmon is 1st in yards per game and 2nd in receptions.
* Purdue got thrashed by Ohio State, but DE Ryan Kerrigan had another good game. He had 2.5 TFLs. Kerrigan has been a force off the edge all year.
* Jonathan Baldwin is heating up as Pitt gets better QB play. Baldwin had a big day in the win over Rutgers. He had 5 catches for 139 yards and a TD. DE Jabaal Sheard had a pair of sacks in the game.
* Oregon DE Kenny Rowe had 3.5 TFLs and a FF for the Ducks vs UCLA.
* SMU wideout Aldrick Robinson was 5-101-1 vs Houston.