by Tommy Lawlor – http://www.ScoutsNotebook.com
* ‘Bama FS Mark Barron had 7 tackles, a TFL, and an INT vs Ole Miss.
* Auburn LB Craig Stevens had 12 tackles and a FF vs Arkansas. LB Josh Bynes had 8 tackles and 2 INTs in the game.
* Baylor DT Phil Taylor had 8 tackles, a sack, and a FF vs Colorado.
* Cal DB Chris Conte had 16 tackles (12 solo) and 1.5 TFLs vs USC.
* Cincinnati WR Armon Binns had a big night vs Louisville. He caught 8 passes for 175 yards and 3 TDs.
* Colorado State DT Guy Miller had 4.5 sacks vs UNLV.
* NC State LB Nate Irving has been a tackle machine this year. Against a spread offense like East Carolina he only had a pair of solo stops. Irving did have 5 tackle assists and 3 pass break-ups.
* Mississippi State LB Chris White had 9 solo tackles and 4.5 TFLs (2.5 were sacks) against Florida.
* Fresno State DE Chris Carter had 9 tackles, 3 sacks, and 2 FFs.
* Iowa LB Jeremiah Hunter had 13 tackles and a pass breakup against Michigan.
* Oklahoma LB Travis Lewis had 14 tackles, 1/2 a TFL, and a pass breakup vs Iowa State.
* Kentucky QB Mike Hartline is having a breakout year as a Senior. He’s got 13 TDs and only 3 INTs so far this year. Against South Carolina he was 32-42-349 with 4 TDs. Not too bad.
* LSU star LB Kelvin Sheppard had 10 tackles, a FF, and a FR vs McNeese State.
* Memphis LB Jamon Hughes is 2nd in the nation after having 21 tackles last week. 15 were solo and he also had a sack.
* North Carolina QB T.J. Yates has quietly put together a real good season. He was very efficient against Virginia, going 17-22-325 with 3 TDs. He’s only thrown one INT this year.
* Virginia RB Keith Payne had 23 carries for 107 yards and a TD.
* Notre Dame WR Michael Floyd had a big game vs Western Michigan. He caught 9 balls for 157 yards and 3 TDs. His long play was 80 yards.
* Jake Locker threw for 5 TDs in the win over Oregon State.
* TE Jeffery Anderson of UAB had 4 catches for 93 yards and a TD.