by Tommy Lawlor – http://www.ScoutsNotebook.com
* Illinois LB Nate Bussey had 8 tackles and returned an INT for a TD in the win over Penn State.
* LSU DT Drave Nevis continued his awesome year with a big game vs Florida. He had 4.5 TFLs (1.5 sacks). He also had a FF.
* Florida SS Ahmad Black had 13 tackles and 1/2 a TFL in the game.
* North Carolina RB Johnny White has come out of nowhere to be a player to watch this year. He ran for 89 yards and 2 TDs in the win over Clemson. He also caught 6 passes for 90 yards.
* Clemson had a pair of DL play well. DT Jarvis Jenkins had 2 TFLs. Junior DE Da’Quan Bowers had 2 TFLs as well. He’s posting some big time numbers this year.
* Andrew Luck had a very efficient game in the win over USC. He was 20-24-285 with 3 TDs. He also ran for 40 yards. The best part of the game for him was leading the Cardinal on a FG drive to win the game.
* West Virginia RB Noel Devine had an interesting game vs UNLV. He ran for 84 yards, which isn’t the most impressive game. However, he did it on only 3 carries. And 2 of them went for TDs. That is pretty darn impressive. Senior DB Keith Tandy had a couple of picks in the game.
* 2 Junior WRs faced off last week. Jonathan Baldwin of Pitt had 9 catches for 111 yards and a TD. His long play was 56 yards. Michael Floyd of Notre Dame had 7 catches for 59 yards. His long play was 14 yards. DE Jabaal Sheard had a pair of sacks for Pitt.
* ‘Bama DE Marcell Dareus had 8 tackles and 4 TFLs in the loss to South Carolina.
* Safety Jaiquawn Jarrett had 13 tackles and a FF for Temple against Northern Illinois.
* RB Bilal Powell is having a monster year for Louisville. Last week he ran for 204 yards and 2 TDs in the win over Memphis. He’s currently 8th in the nation in rushing yards per game.
* UConn LB Lawrence Wilson had 14 tackles and 2.5 TFLs against Rutgers.
* Jeff Maehl is having a good year for Oregon. The lanky WR added bulk this year and it’s helped him play at a higher level. Last week he had 10 catches for 119 yards and a TD.