by Tommy Lawlor - http://www.ScoutsNotebook.com
* Senior WR Derrell J.-Koulianos had a big game for Iowa in the loss at Arizona. He caught 7 passes for 114 yards. One went for a TD. He also averaged 29.5 yards on 2 KORs.
* Wisconsin TE Lance Kendricks had a big game on Saturday vs Arizona State. He was 7-131-1. His long catch was 34 yards. Kendricks is a solid blocker as well. He’s best on the move or out in space.
* Arkansas DE Damario Ambrose (6’5, 270) had 4 tackles, 2 sacks, and a FF against Georgia. That was the best game of his career.
* TCU QB Andy Dalton had a very efficient day vs Baylor. He was 21-23-267 and 2 TDs. That’s Dalton at his best. WR/RS Jeremy Kerley caught a couple of TDs, averaged 21 yards per PR, and carried 4 times for 49 yards.
* Marshall LB Mario Harvey had 12 total tackles vs Bowling Green. He also had a couple of sacks.
* LB Derrick Hallman from UCF had 7 tackles, 1/2 a TFL, a PBU, and 2 FFs in a win over Buffalo.
* Nevada’s offense was great vs Cal. QB Colin Kapernick ran for 148 yards and 3 TDs. He also had a good night throwing, 10-15-181-2. That’s a heck of a game. RB Vai Taua had 25 carries for 151 yards and a TD.
* Georgia WR Kris Durham is playing the best football of his career. He’s stepped up with AJ Green lost to suspension. Durham had 5 catches for 101 yards on Saturday.
* Arkansas State FS M.D. Jennings had 2 INTs and 6 tackles vs ULM.
* Central Michigan RB Paris Cotton is only a Junior, but had a big game. He ran for 209 yards and caught 3 passes for 36 yards.
* Auburn ILB Josh Bynes was in on 11 tackles vs Clemson. 2 of them were TFLs. Bynes is a strong, physical tackler. He also broke up a pass in the game.
* UConn RB Jordan Todman is only a Junior, but he’s having a big year. Against Temple he ran 26 times for 192 yards and a TD. He’s got 448 yards in 3 games.
* Tennessee MLB Nick Reveiz was in on 14 tackles in the loss to Florida.
* Va Tech CB Rashad Carmichael had 4 tackles and 2 INTs. He returned one of the picks for a score.
* Temple Junior DE Adrian Robinson had 4 tackles, 2 FFs, and also returned a fumble for a score in the Owls win over UConn. LB Elijah Joseph helped out with 9 tackles, a TFL, and a pair of pass break-ups.
* Texas A&M QB Jerrod Johnson had a horrible game vs FIU. He was only 11-31-194. He was picked off 4 times.
* CB Anthony Gaitor of FIU was one of the reasons Johnson struggled. Gaitor had a sack and FF. He also returned an INT 54 yards for a TD.
* LB Akeem Ayers, a Junior from UCLA, had a good game vs Houston. He had 5 solo tackles and 2 TFLs. He also picked off a pass and ran it back 77 yards.
* Indiana QB Ben Chappell had a great game vs WKU. He was 32-42-366. He had 3 TDs and the Hoosiers won 38-21.
* Kentucky RB Derrick Locke had 17 carries for 166 yards and 2 TDs vs Akron. He also caught 3 passes.
* LSU CB Patrick Peterson had 4 solo tackles and picked off 2 passes against Miss State. He also returned a KO 39 yards. DT Drake Nevis continued his big year. He was in on 9 tackles. He had 1.5 TFLs and an INT.
* West Va RB Noel Devine had 27 carries for 131 yards in the win over Maryland. WR Jock Sanders had 6 catches. He also returned 3 punts for 69 yards. DE Scooter Berry had a pair of sacks.
* The Terps had a couple of LBs put up some impressive numbers. ILB Alex Wujciak had 16 total tackles and a FF. LB Adrian Moten had 10 total tackles, a sack, and a PBU.
* Southern Cal RB Allen Bradford had 12 carries for 131 yards vs Minnesota. He had a 56-yard TD run.
* Ole Miss MLB Jonathan Cornell was in on 9 tackles, had 1.5 TFLs, and broke up a pass.
* Ohio State LB Ross Homan had 7 tackles, an INT, and a FF in a win over Ohio.
* Furman WR Adam Mims had a monster game against South Carolina. He caught 10 passes for 202 yards. The long reception went for 72 yards. He also returned 2 punts for 26 yards.
* Texas CB Curtis Brown had a pair of solo tackles vs Texas Tech. He also picked off a pass and ran it back 74 yards.