by Tommy Lawlor – ScoutsNotebook.com
Prospects and Stats from Week 2
* Kansas LB Justin Springer was in on 15 tackles in the win over Ga Tech. 3 of them were TFLs.
* Ole Miss MLB Jonathan Cornell had a good game vs Tulane. He was in on 11 tackles (7 solo). He added 3 sacks and a pass break-up.
* Boston College LB Mark Herzlich continued his comeback. He had 4 tackles and a TFL vs Kent State.
* Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett had a monster game vs ULM. He was 28-43-400 with 3 TDs.
* LSU DT Drake Nevis is off to a fast start. He had 2.5 sacks vs Vandy. He was in on 5 total tackles.
* Florida CB Janoris Jenkins continued his strong season. He had a 30-yard PR vs South Florida. He also added a sack and an INT.
* Purdue DE Ryan Kerrigan had a monster game vs Western Illinois. He was in on 12 tackles (9 solo). He had 4 TFLs (one of which was a sack). Not bad.
* A pair of Senior QBs struggled vs tough opponents. FSU’s Christian Ponder was only 11 of 28 vs Oklahoma. Idaho’s Nathan Enderle threw 5 INTs vs Nebraska. Both guys are still good prospects, but those were disappointing games.
* Kansas St. RB Daniel Thomas had 21 carries for 137 yards and a pair of TDs.
* Nebraska CB Prince Amukamara was in on 7 tackles and also broke up a pair of passes in the win over Idaho.
* West Va RB Noel Devine had 10 catches in the win over Marshall. They only accounted for 62 yards, but 10 catches by a college RB is pretty impressive. He also ran for 112 yards.
* Notre Dame TE Kyle Rudolph is only a Junior, but could easily come out early. He had a monster game vs Michigan. Kyle caught 8 passes for 164 yards. One of the catches was a 95-yard TD that gave the Irish a temporary lead late in the game. Outstanding athlete and gifted receiver.
* Michigan ILB Jonas Mouton was in on 14 tackles in that game. He added a TFL and INT.
* Rutgers Saftey Joe Lefeged came up big for Rutgers. He was in on 6 tackles. He picked off a pass and forced a pair of fumbles. He also blocked a couple of punts.
* Washington QB Jake Locker bounced back from a so-so opener. Locker was 22-33-289 for 4 TDs vs Syracuse. Those are the kind of numbers he should put up on a regular basis.
* Syracuse MLB Derrell Smith played well in the game. He had 9 solo stops (5 assists) and had a TFL.