by Tommy Lawlor – ScoutsNotebook.com
* Pitt DE Greg Romeus will undergo back surgery to deal with a disc problem. He’s going to miss some games, but there is hope that he’ll return this year. Romeus (6’6, 270) is a good player with lots of potential. A strong Senior season could have pushed him into the late 1st/early 2nd round. Now, it is hard to gauge his value.
* West Va CB Brandon Hogan was arrested for DUI. Coach Bill Stewart has suspended him indefinitely.
* Purdue WR Keith Smith suffered a bad injury in last weekend’s game. Smith (6’2, 226) is a quality possession receiver. He caught 18 passes in the first 2 games. He suffered a torn ACL, MCL.
* Here’s an article on a couple of Ivy League players.
* Very interesting article on Jerod Mayo’s little brother and what happened to him when Hofstra dropped its football program.